Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Google Squared and WolframAlpha
I have never heard of Good Squared or WolframAlpha until this assignment. I think both have an amazing educational implications. I love with Google Squared that you can add cells of information and compare several items at once. I think this will be a great tool to use when finding almost anything.
I was playing around with types of medications. In seconds, there were about 20 that popped up with everything you wanted to know about each. I compared aspirin, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen. I instantly found formulas, breakdowns and best of all I could add side effects. I also pulled up several populations of countries and was amazed at the amount of information.
WolframAlpha is another great tool. I like the instant search it provides. I typed in National Parks in the United States and instantly every National Park was provided. I found that this saved so much time and gave some accurate information for what I researched.
I read The Fischbowl: "Did You Know?" and I still agree with my comments that were made. I am constantly amazed at the amount of information and things available on the internet. Virtually, anything imaginable can be found.
Here is the Pitcarin Island's map I found on WolframAlph

No comments:

Post a Comment