Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Post 5

Eagle Net Radio & Class Blog
As I look through all the ways of making a podcast, I found this one to be a great way to communicate a story, similar to this class. The class made their presentation fun and informative.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale 

I enjoyed watching this podcast. I liked to see how Joe Dale used podcasts in his classes and to see and hear how the students reacted to it. I think podcasting is a great way for children to interact with each other. I loved his idea of getting other teachers involved to record a story via podcast to share with the class. The students seemed to enjoy it as well.



Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
I loved how this video showed instructions on how to do a podcast and what types of software to use. This was very informative.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene,

    I think using podcast in the classrooms are a good idea. It is a different and more exciting way of doing activities such as presentations, and also the students would probably enjoy it more. I think any use of technology inside the classroom will keep the students interested, because always using paper and pencils is BORING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Darlene. Podcasting is a great way to get students involved. I know when i started working with Dr. Strange in EDM 310 two years ago, I did not know what to expect with the podcasting component. I have found that it really brings the students together because it requires them to interact in a meaningful ways. And it gives the students opportunities to be creative and helps them enjoy learning.

    Your blog looks good. Make sure you put ALT and Title Tags on your pictures. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete