Monday, October 25, 2010

Additional Assignment # 3




Sir Ken Robinson Changing Paradigms

I think Sir Ken Robinson has some great ideas. I agree that we "society" medicate for everything now. I think we should let children be who they are and learn the way they need to learn. We as parents and as educators need to educate ourselves better to figure ways to reduce ADHD without the use of harsh medications.

I also agree that we should not have such a standard way of learning. Everyone learns differently. Technolohttp://www.blogger.com/comment-published.g?blogID=3460124872007067602gy can play such a huge role in helping our children learn more because learning can be fun! There may be a child that has trouble spelling but by playing games (even with other classmates or virtual classmates) on the computer will increase his ability to spell because he/she simply are having fun...while learning.

Sir Ken Robinson made an impressive statement. He said that we should collaborate more and veer away from standardization. I think we should let our students do more collaborative projects. I think there are more students that would learn more in a collaborative setting vs. learning individually. I know that I enjoy and tend to learn more feeding off my classmates, friends, co-workers, etc. Using podcasts, blogs and other forms of technology is a great way to get students to interact and collaborate with others from their school or with students from around the world.

I LOVED the way this presentation was put together. The message was great but the media that was used made it amazing! I will learn how to do this so I can use it in my classroom or on other assignments in my classes at South. I think it's impressive. If my group were to do a presentation using this media, I think I would play three roles: idea generator, narrator, and designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment