Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog Post 9

Wordle: Blog 9 Wordle
"What I Have Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

Mr. McClung had a great post! He made several statements that I will always keep in the back of my mind as I develop my teaching career. It is important to understand we are teaching to children and while having high expectations are great we need to make them obtainable by our students. We also need to "listen" to our students. A simple skill can make all the difference. Mr. McClung was correct about communication. It is essential to not only communicate well with our students but also our fellow teachers and superiors.
Mr. McClung said that we should not be afraid of technology. If you have read any of my posts you would know I agree strongly with him. While it takes time and ambition to learn about technology I am confident the advantages will out way the disadvantages therefore giving a greater end result for our students.

I am excited to see what my comments will be after my first year of teaching.
I will use Mr. McClung's comments to help me in my first year.

2 comments:

  1. I like the wordle! Your right, the simple skill of communication can make all the difference. Sometimes I forget that communication is a skill. Like all skills, we have to work on them before we can master them. Being able to listen and respond to students, teachers, and administrators will be huge in our success as teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Darlene! The wordle is a nice touch.

    Being afraid of technology is not an option, especially for teachers in this day and time. This would be like a carpenter being afraid of a hammer, a solder being afraid of guns, or a coal miner being afraid of coal, it just will not work. Teachers must embrace computers, software, the internet, smartboards, etc. because these are the tools of our trade. SS

    ReplyDelete