Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog Post 12

My idea for Blog Post 1 is:

Write a brief description about yourself. Include information about you: (what kind of person you are, where you live, your family and pets, your hobbies, and what you do for a living). Next, describe the type of teacher you plan to be and why you chose to be that “teacher”. What is your motivation behind your decision (i.e. is there a person or group that inspired you).

This is what I would write for Blog Post 1...



My name is Darlene Staimpel. I am 30 years old and live in Orange Beach, AL. I have two amazing children, John (5) and Mary Kate (3). I am a wonderfully caring person that is self motivated and enjoys learning new things. I love to spending time with my family and friends. I also love to travel and experience different cultures.

I plan to be an educator that helps children engage in all aspects of life. I plan to use technology, animals, an any physical element to help make learning enjoyable and interactive. I chose to be a more "hands on" teacher because I do not believe in standardized learning. I believe every child learns and tests differently. Since taking EDM310, I have broadened my expectations to include more technology in my class and develop a classroom where children can be children. My students will research, explore, and experience life!

There are several educators, like Ms. Cassidy and Ms. Vicki Davis, that I have encountered online through EDM310 that have inspired me. I have found the teacher I want to be because of this class!

2 comments:

  1. Darlene,

    You have mentioned some great things that a teacher in the future needs to be successful. You get it!!! I am glad that you have learned so many useful things in this course that you can apply when you become a teacher. Do you have any recommendations for someone coming into this class who wants to be a teacher in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! My recommendation is to remember it's about the children (students). They are our future and what we teach them and how we teach them will have a tremendous impact. Embrace what you learn in EDM310, it will make a difference!

    ReplyDelete