Wednesday, November 10, 2010



I created the above questionnaire and found that eight people completed the survey. On the first question I asked them surveyors to "rate on a scale from 1 to 5 (one being not important and 5 being the most important)how important technology in the classroom was before EDM310. Two people chose 2, three people chose 3, one person chose 4, and two people chose 5.

The second question asked: Since starting EDM310 has your views changed? Five people said yes, two people said no and one person said not sure. For the people that chose yes I asked them to explain.

One person said, "I am not sure because I look at the schools that my children attend and not sure if they are using technology to their full advantage. They just recently received smart boards and teachers are not fully trained and barely know what they are doing on the boards. I think the school's should pay for these teacher's to attend workshops, so they can be fully trained. It will probably take a few years for them to be fully trained anyway because I had a teacher show me some of the things a smartboard can do and it looks like there is way too much to learn. She even said she took workshops over the summer and did not even get paid for doing so. VERY DEDICATED TEACHER if you ask me!"

Another person said, "I realized how important technology is in the classroom and not just in our personal lives. I also became aware of how big of a role technology plays in our day and age."

Someone else said, "I didn't realize how many different things were out there." Another one said, "I have learned there are many ways to use technology in the classroom. You can learn through different countries and teachers as well." The last person that said yes to the second question said, "Google docs will be very important to me in the classroom".

I asked "How do you perceive technology to be advancing in today's classroom?" I used a scale 1 to 5 (1 being too slow and 5 being not fast enough). Five people marked 5, one person marked 2, and the other person marked not sure.

I also asked if they "feel it is important to be tech savvy in order to teach" Seven people said yes and one said no. I asked if they would incorporate what they have learned fro EDM310 into their classroom and six people said yes while two said not sure.

I asked, "upon completion of EDM310, do you plan on perusing additional sources of technology that will benefit your class". Three people said not sure, four people said yes, and one said no. I asked what types of technology would you like to use in your classroom. Most everyone responded with an interactive white board, scanner, webcam, computers, projectors.

My final question I asked, "is there a certain type of technology that you have not learned about from EDM310 that you know about and would use in your classroom?". Everyone said no.

The results showed that the majority of the people that took the survey plan to be tech savvy teachers. They plan to use technology in their class. I appreciate all the people that completed my questionnaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment