Monday, November 29, 2010

Summary for C4K 11/7 - 12/5

This has been an amazing journey this semester. I have bonded with several classes through blogging! I have also learned a tremendous amount from the children and their teachers and that I hope to use in my future class!



On 11/7 I was assigned to blog on Falefehi's blog. Falefehi is a 6 year old little girl that goes to Pt. England School in Auckland. The title of her class blog is Little Voices, Little Scholars. Her teacher is Ms. Jenny. Falefehi did an amazing job on her ship animation!

Ms. Jenny's students write stories and creates animations or movies that relate to their current studies! Ms. Jenny has done an outstanding job with her class! I hope to use some of the techniques she shared in my class.

11/14 - A4 at Papatoetoe E. Primary School, Good Things Come In Small Packages. Class A4 blog with The Springston Explorers. They decided to send their blogging buddies in Christchurch a small stuffed giraffe named Wally. The titled their post "Wally's Vacation"! What a great idea to send a small gift to blogging friends and follow his trip online! I will definitely use this in my class! Very creative!!




11/21 - Mrs. Conlin's Flat Stanley Project: Flat Matt Leaves Home. Very clever! Mrs. Conlin's students create their own Flat Stanley and sent their Flat's around the world! They have photos taken with the receiver and the Flat and post it to their blog! It's amazing where some of the Flat's have gone!

Flatt Matt left from Westford, MA and was sent to Florida. I wished him a safe trip to sunny Florida! Flatt Matt was dressed with a short sleeve, shorts, and sunglasses. He looked like he was ready for the beach!

12/5 - Mrs. Haugen's 6th Grade: Kyle's Blog, "Old Yeller". Kyle said, "Very sad but real book. I really think if you are into the outdoors and can relate to this story like me this will be a very interesting book for anyone".

I agreed with Kyle. Old Yeller is one of my favorites! I told him I could not wait to share it with my class one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment