Monday, November 29, 2010

Summary C4T Teacher #4


My comment was in reference to David Warlick and his blog 2 Cents Worth. His post is very insightful and can be read here. http://davidwarlick.com/2cents/?p=2810

David spoke about a Tweet he saw from Vicki Davis, someone I follow, about Bob Wise. He conducted research and gave some impressive information on his findings along with his views. One of the  pieces I enjoyed and agreed with most was this:

Bob Wise – We have 3 crises “declining fiscal state revenues, mounting teacher shortages, increased global demand for skilled workforce”

David responded: "These are all monumental challenges to schools, school administrations, and school governance. But I would add that there are also three crises that are (should be) challenging curriculum and pedagogy — that we are (1) preparing a new generation of learners, (2) within a new information environment, (3) for a future we can not clearly describe."

I agree! We are preparing our student's for a future that is unknown. We are amongst an information revolution. I have read several of David's posts, along with his website. I can't wait to read his books! I encourage others to check out his blog, website, or follow him on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment